Thursday, January 9, 2020

Senior DeMolay Profile "Dad" Andrew Roberts!

Our first Senior DeMolay profile for 2020, we have "Dad" Andrew Roberts. A Past Master Councilor of Mohawk Valley Chapter and Past State Master Councilor of New York!

Occupation? Social Studies Department Chair & Social Studies Teacher

When did you join DeMolay? July 2002

What was your favorite ritual part? 5th Preceptor

What is your favorite DeMolay Memory? It's really difficult to pin point a particular memory in DeMolay for me. I would have to say that rededication the year I went out as State Master Councilor (2010). My grandfather had been in DeMolay, my dad had been one of my main advisors during my DeMolay career, my brother had paved the way for me as State Master Councilor. That rededication just really meant a lot for me as I looked back on my term as SMC.

What were you most proud of as a DeMolay? I think my most proud moment was winning 5th Preceptor Champion when I was 13. I was a pretty shy individual when I joined DeMolay (which would surprise those who know me) and I didn't really like ritual but I was asked to compete in the competition a few months before Convention. I did participate and it really helped me break out of my shell.



One piece of advice you would give to DeMolays today? Don't take it for granted. I loved my experience as an Active DeMolay. It just seems like it was never long enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Winterfest Packing List

Dear DeMolays, Parents, Advisors and Guests: In just about 27 hours we will all be gathering for New York DeMolay Winterfest! State Mast...