Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Code of Conduct as a DeMolay Advisor:

Dear Brothers, ladies, "Moms" and "Dads":

Since our founding in 1919, the core of being a DeMolay advisor has been the same: one generation mentoring the next generation. While times fashion and other things have changed, that core principle has not.

 In the coming weeks and months we hope to be adding more and more adult volunteers.  In an attempt to distill the question "what qualities do you look for in advisors?" As a team, we sat down to think about what are the best qualities of a DeMolay adult volunteer? How do we capture and distill them.? The result is the Code of Conduct for DeMolay Advisors.  If you think something is missing or unclear, let us know, you can shoot me an email at pbrusoe@nydemolay.org 

This was sent to both the SEC and the SAC for their review and input and I greatly appreciate the feed back they gave.

Yours for a Stronger New York DeMolay,
- "Dad" Brusoe


Code of Conduct as a DeMolay Advisor:

1. My primary goal in serving as a DeMolay Advisor is to help develop all of the youth I have been entrusted to mentor.

2. In the spirit of the third candle, I will treat every young man and young lady in our organization and our sister organizations with courtesy and respect.

3. I will treat my fellow advisors, adults, and parents with professional courtesy and respect, remaining silent if I cannot speak a good word for them.

4. If a dispute arises with a fellow advisor, I will work to resolve the issue before escalating the issue.

5. I will be a living example of DeMolay values and virtues inspiring the young people in our organization by my daily actions, thoughts, and deeds.

6. I will model the behavior we expect from our youth by following the rules and guidelines of an event including dress code.

7. I will follow the rules, regulations and edicts of DeMolay International and New York DeMolay.

8. I will report violations of DeMolay policies to the appropriate people.

9. I will conduct my public life, including social media, in a manner consistent with DeMolay.

10. I will protect, to the best of my ability, all personal identification information of our youth members/prospects and adult volunteers. 

11. If any personal matters arise (civil, criminal, etc.) that could be viewed negatively by the public in relation to DeMolay International or NY DeMolay, I will immediately bring it to the attention of the NY DeMolay Personal Representative / EO. 



Sent to SAC 10/9/2019
Sent to SEC 10/9/2019
Adopted 10/17/2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

Winterfest Packing List

Dear DeMolays, Parents, Advisors and Guests: In just about 27 hours we will all be gathering for New York DeMolay Winterfest! State Mast...